27 February 2007

Can't see the forest for the trees

Sorry about the long silence. I was away for a few days without access to my computer, and this week I seem to have hit one of those bottlenecks that come up every so often in my life where all the things I committed to weeks ago (unaware they were all going to pile up on me in one week) converge. It's days like today when I sometimes feel I can't see the forest for the trees. I'm so focused on all the tasks on my to-do list that I need to get done that I forget why I'm doing it all. I need to step back and get some perspective.

However, the fact remains that on top of three other deadlines that are hitting me in the next few days, I just was reminded by a friend that she'd arranged for me to mount a solo photo exhibit in March at a local cafe in Vancouver. That means I now suddenly need to have 8-12 photos framed and ready to hang by Sunday or Monday! Eek! I knew it was coming up in March or April, but I was vague about the actual dates, and wasn't sure it was really a firm commitment I'd made. I guess it was. Oh well. Here come some late nights... And I probably won't be posting again here for another week. But hope to get back to some more regularity after that.

No comments:

 

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks