09 April 2008

SoFoBoMo: Out of the gate, limping

Sorry again for the long hiatus from posting. I've been in Texas attending the Transforming Culture symposium (I'll be posting more about that here and/or at Iambic Admonit when I have some time). My first day of SoFoBo occurred while I was gone. I'm accepting Paul's allowance that we start our fuzzy month a couple of days early if we have good reason to (I arrived in Fort Worth on 3/29), because I can't pass up the opportunity to take photos when I'm on a trip! And I'm really busy this month (as I will be next month, no doubt), so SoFoBoMo is going to have to fit in somehow in the cracks. I have a feeling this 31-day period is going to be more like an intense 9 day period, followed by nothing for a couple of weeks, followed by another intense 4 day period when I go to Atlanta to visit my brother. I can't seem to get out of all the other obligations that pull at me when I'm at home.

Naturally, many of my photos were of friends I was visiting and of the conference itself (such as this one of Jeremy Begbie playing the last movement of Prokofiev's Piano Sonata No. 7). Those are not necessarily going to be excluded from eligibility in my SoFoBoMo book. In fact, I've been thinking of writing up a book-format report on the conference and making that be my submission for SoFoBoMo. It could do double duty that way (I'm all about killing two birds with one stone when my life is overwhelmingly busy).

No comments:

 

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks